A playboy is killed by a gangster and then returns to earth as a women (Reynolds). After a OK first fifteen minutes this thing really degenerates into complete boredom. The cast does nothing but sit and talk, and talk, and talk. Making annoying, dated sex jokes that are sad to think they were ever considered provocative. The low point comes when Reynolds confronts her/his killer and still nothing happens. They just sit and talk some more. These same sociological differences between men and women have been handled in far more interesting ways in far better films. Even Matthau seems out of place.
Having only recently seen this movie (four plus decades after it was made) for the first time, it definitely is a time capsule of an era gone by … when Curtis ranked supreme as a leading man and Reynolds still drew audiences based on her fifties's films (Singing in the Rain, Hit the Deck), and America had a living president named Kennedy. That era is long gone now … Curtis retired to Vegas and bloated, and Reynolds is known now-a-days more for being Carrie Fisher's "real" mom and/or Grace Adler's "fictional" mom. I go on about this because although this film is watchable, and really comes to life when Matthau hilariously overplays a horny movie producer, its value to me derives more from what it captures on celluloid … an era of film-making w/ Camelot-like production values (ie.- Come September, That Touch of Pink) that ended with the passing of Kennedy.
- Watch The Matador Online in HD,DVD,iPod,DivX formats | High Quality The Matador Movie
- Watch Basement Jack Online in HD,DVD,iPod,DivX formats | Downloads Basement Jack
- Watch The Sentinel Online in HD,DVD,iPod,DivX formats | The Sentinel Full Lenght Movie In Pda Format
- Watch The Bodyguard Online in HD,DVD,iPod,DivX formats | Dvd The Bodyguard Download
- Watch Phir Hera Pheri Online in HD,DVD,iPod,DivX formats | The Phir Hera Pheri Movie